Friday, September 18, 2015

Character Interview from Born of Shadow by Sarah Benson















SB: Welcome Kami. Tell us a little more about yourself.
Kami: I like in southern California (LaMesa) with my mom. My dad died of cancer when I was six, so it’s just the two of us.

SB: So is it really true you’ve never met your grandparents until just recently?
Kami: It is true. When my parents got married, his parents disowned him. They left Egypt and moved to California.

SB: How did you parents meet?
Kami: They were both attending the American University in Cairo. It was a love at first sight sort of thing.

SB: Was it strange to see your grandparents under those circumstances?
Kami: It was! I was afraid they wouldn’t like me.

SB: What are your grandparents like?
Kami: My grandfather (or Gedo) is an archeologist. He is obsessed with finding Alexander the Great’s tomb. He found some artifacts that he thinks may have been Alexander’s. He hasn’t had a chance to finish the excavation yet, but he’s hoping to find the tomb. My grandmother (or Neina) loves her family and cooking. I received the scarab necklace and my powers through her bloodline.

SB: What is your favorite thing to do back home in California?
Kami: I love to run! When I run, I feel I am in control of at least one thing in my life. I also like to sing karaoke. It surprises a lot of people since I’m a little shy, but when I start singing, I forget about the world and I’m not nervous.

SB: You have a pet turtle named Galileo.
Kami: Yes, named after my favorite scientist.

SB: Do you have any other pets? Would you like more?
Kami: No. I used to have a dog named Bailey. I think I would like another dog someday, but it’s hard to imagine any dog being as special to me as Bailey was.

SB: So I understand you recently broke up with someone. Can you tell us more about it? And do you have a new boyfriend?
Kami: Yes. I was dating a guy named Vance, but we broke up. Let’s just say, it didn’t take too long to realize that we didn’t have much in common. He was also way too controlling. I wasn’t looking to date anyone after Vance and I broke up, but then Liam came into my life.

SB: How did you meet Liam?
Kami: He sat next to me on a plane ride to Egypt. The plane was attacked, by the way. But that’s too big of a story to go into here.

SB: Tell us more about Liam.
Kami: How do I describe Liam? He’s a Brit. He’s good-looking. Unfortunately, he knows it. He’s constantly driving me nuts, then he turns around and does the sweetest things. I think we’re good together because he’s more adventurous and he’s always pushing me to try new things. Sometimes he doesn’t think through things, though, so that’s where I come in.

SB: What is your impression of Egypt?
Kami: I don’t think I really had a chance to experience Egypt under normal conditions. I would love to come back without anyone missing and without being chased by anyone!

SB: Thank you so much for chatting with us today.
Kami: Thanks for having me!


Author Links








Click on Banner!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Women Writers Young Adult YA Author Romance Teen Blog Tour NA Book Fantasy love story New Releases Book Tours drama Hot Coco Clean Romance Adult Fiction blog Book Reviews Needed bloggers needed Science Fiction Interviews Spotlight Excerpt Cup of Coffee BookReviewsNeeded giveaways Author Interview Author of the Month Clean Read Poetry Poem Book Reviews poetess Cover Reveal Contemporary Romance per-teen Cup of Tea poems Poet Jeniann Bowers Sign Up Character Interviews Poetry Is... Kids Book e-book Cupcakes character Big Ben Tour Dream Cast Top Ten soundtrack Free read mystery bio Inspirational Romance Release Day children book playlist BookReviews Middle Grade Book Trailer Inspirational Trailer Reveals Promotional Post UK Author Blog Spots Scones Guest Post Double Decker Book Blasts booksoundtrack News Men Writers history kid books Religious Adventure Trailer bloggers Blog Host Small Twitter Party reveal Character Bio. Donut Blog Button Large White Zombie Trailer Reveals reviews Christmas Historical authors Events chiclit dystopian Author Facts Poet of the Month Romantic Comedy Showcase Author coming soon Audio Book Biographies Book Blast DDBMagazine Spotligt quotes Medium Small Cookie Sub Sandwich Showcase Sugar Cubes cherry choco book blast Paranormal Tea Sandwich Showcase travel Double it Thursday Memoirs Covers Rating Sale Social Packs Tea Pot Giveaways Large Cake T.V. Vampires help meme Character Quiz Comedy DoubletheBooks Dpnating Novella Showcase Support blogging for books cover craft happy health review quotes