Book Review: Batgirl at Super Hero High



While listening to this I thought what a cute, enjoyable read. With many different characters and something for everyone to like. But then there was a scene in chapter 18/19 that hit me hard. Batgirl is saving an old man and he says something, along the lines as don't save me I want a real hero not a girl saving me. Back in his days girls weren't superheros. My eyes started watering because of that. The idea that I don't personalty see the world the way the elder of this world do, is crazy to think of. The idea that a young girl can't be a superhero because she's female stabs me in the heart. But I love how Barbara handles this. She still saves the man, and does the best she can not to let this get her down. I love how the author slipped this in, with out it unrolling the whole story. This is a story I think more young girls should read. It has many lesson wrapped up in a kick butt story.  

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram