EXCERPT 1 from Maggie by Mya O'Malley



EXCERPT #1-


“He scooped her up and placed her on top of the large rock. Following suit, he climbed up the slight incline and joined Maggie. Kissing her again, he cupped her head in his hands. Moments later, his hands smoothed over her body.
Maggie stiffened, pulling away. He sat back, eyes wide. “What is it, Maggie? What the hell is the problem now?”
“I’m just not ready.”
Placing his head in his hands, he sighed dramatically. “You’re not ready.” His laugh was sharp.
“Why not? Didn’t I just tell you I love you?” His tone rose in agitation.
Was that why he had declared his love for her? Her face must have given away her thoughts.
“Are you kidding me? You think that’s why I shared my feelings with you?” He stood and paced on the boulder. “Let’s go. Time to go.”
What had just happened here? How had everything deteriorated in a matter of mere minutes? And how much of it was her fault?


“No. Don’t. Sit down. Please.” Her eyes looked up at his height, pleading for him to stay.
“I don’t get you, Maggie. I have to be honest here with you. You’re kind of driving me crazy. Pushing my limits, you know?” His face flushed red as he paced.


How was she pushing him? “Sit, please just come back and sit beside me.” Maggie patted the spot beside her, her lip trembling. She didn’t know why he was so upset, only that she wanted things to return to how they were prior to this walk by the river.


“Fine.” He plopped himself beside her, leaving at least a foot between them.
Maggie reached over for him, taking his hand in hers. He didn’t
move closer but didn’t pull away either.


“Maggie. You’re killing me. I love you. I freaking love you, and I feel you not returning my feelings.”
“I…”
“Let me finish. I open up to you, try to show you how much I love you and I’m met with a slam of the door.” His hands moved dramatically. Maggie leaned back so that he wouldn’t swipe her as he spoke.


“No response from you, telling me that you love me back, and now I can’t even show you how I feel.” He was upon her, grabbing her face, his eyes intense.
It was true. She hadn’t said she loved him back. She hadn’t been ready. What she definitely wasn’t ready for was showing him. The words slipped out of her mouth before she could think. “I love you, too.”


Tears sprang from his eyes as he kissed her face over and over. “Oh Maggie, you have no idea how happy you have made me.”


Maggie’s shoulders slumped. Uneasiness washed through her. It was almost as if she had been bullied into saying the words. Then again, she had always had the tendency to overanalyze her thoughts and actions.
Maggie bit her lip and kissed him.



Social Media
Amazon Author Page
Mya O'Malley-Website
Author's Blog
Facebook
Goodreads
Instagram
Pinterest
Twitter
Tumblr





Buy links




Maggie

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram