Interview with Mya O'Malley






What is the first book that made you cry?

That’s a tough one. I’m going to say Old Yeller- by Fred Gipson. This amazing classic brought me to tears as a child and again as an adult. And I have to mention Charlotte’s Web, too. That was definitely a tear-jerker.





Does writing energize or exhaust you?


Honestly, time flies whenever I write. I could work on my books and barely notice that hours have gone by. So, I guess you could say that writing seems to energize me.





What was your hardest scene to write?

For each book, it’s different. For my latest release, Maggie, it was the scene where the cold case mystery is revealed and Maggie’s mystery is finally solved. (I don’t want to give ending away) This scene was hard to write because it evoked many different emotions.






What are common traps for aspiring writers?

Challenges for aspiring writers include keeping your dream in focus and not giving up. The entire writing process from start to finish, including edits and marketing can be exhausting. If writing is truly your dream, it is so worth it. Perseverance is key. Keep at it and don’t give up on your dreams.

Another trap is thinking you can manage on your own. Having a support system is one of the most amazing aspects of being a writer. Get out there and network- reach other writers and readers. I’ve met some wonderful people in the writing community.






Does a big ego help or hurt writers?
I think it’s great to have self-confidence in anything you wish to achieve, however, it’s essential to keep in mind that everyone has something to learn and that you should always keep an open mind and be flexible. Hearing constructive criticism and opinions of others can be very helpful at times.






Social Media
Amazon Author Page
Mya O'Malley-Website
Author's Blog
Facebook
Goodreads
Instagram
Pinterest
Twitter
Tumblr





Buy links




Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram