Saturday, March 19, 2016

Tutankhamen Speaks Excerpt




#2—from his childhood

My Grandmother

My nursemaid was Maya, but it was my Grandmother Tiye that I remember the most. She doted on me when she visited and showered me with motherly love. She appointed herself and her brother Ay as my protectors, but Grandmother was away a lot. After my father became Pharaoh, she continued to oversee the military as she did for my grandfather Amenhotep III. When I was small, she cut off a lock of her reddish-gold hair and concealed it inside of four small nesting sarcophagus coffins.
“Tutankhaten,” she said. “In the innermost sarcophagus I have placed a lock of my hair which rests underneath a solid gold statue of you. Keep the coffins safe and hidden in your room. They will protect you when I am unable to.”

I thanked her and prized such a gift, not only for protection, but because my grandmother’s gift was wonderfully made. The outer sarcophagus was made of wood; the second of plaster covered with gold leaf; the third of wood which contained the solid gold statue of myself; the fourth again of plaster covered with gold leaf and containing my grandmother’s gift.


AUTHOR FOLLOW LINKS
Freado

BUY & TBR LINKS
iTunes



No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Women Writers Young Adult YA Author Romance Teen Blog Tour NA Book Fantasy love story New Releases Book Tours drama Hot Coco Clean Romance Adult Fiction blog Book Reviews Needed bloggers needed Science Fiction Interviews Spotlight Excerpt Cup of Coffee BookReviewsNeeded giveaways Author Interview Author of the Month Poetry Clean Read Poem Book Reviews poetess Cover Reveal Contemporary Romance per-teen Cup of Tea poems Poet Jeniann Bowers Character Interviews Sign Up Poetry Is... Kids Book e-book Cupcakes character Big Ben Tour soundtrack Dream Cast Top Ten Free read mystery bio Inspirational Romance Release Day children book playlist BookReviews Book Trailer Middle Grade Inspirational Trailer Reveals Promotional Post UK Author Blog Spots Scones Guest Post Double Decker Book Blasts booksoundtrack News Adventure Men Writers history kid books Religious Trailer bloggers Blog Host Small Twitter Party reveal Character Bio. Donut Blog Button Large White Zombie Trailer Reveals reviews Christmas Historical authors dystopian Events chiclit Author Facts DDBMagazine Poet of the Month Romantic Comedy Showcase Author coming soon Audio Book Biographies Book Blast Spotligt quotes Medium Paranormal Small Cookie Sub Sandwich Showcase Sugar Cubes cherry choco book blast Tea Sandwich Showcase travel Double it Thursday Memoirs Covers Rating Sale Social Packs Tea Pot Giveaways DoubletheBooks Large Cake T.V. Vampires help meme Character Quiz Comedy Dpnating Novella Showcase Support blogging for books cover craft happy health review quotes