Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Twitter Party with Mya O'Malley



Q. for @MyaOMalley - What inspired you to write 'If You Believe'?
A. I was inspired by the idea that true love never dies and that it can break through boundaries

Q. for @MyaOMalley – How did your cover design come about? 
A. oh I love that cover! Astraea Press provided me with the cover through Cora Graphics based on my plot and characters

Q. for @MyaOMalley – What’s your next writing project? Can you tell us a bit about it?
A. well I have a new Young Adult release coming out 1/14 next week with Solstice Publishing -it's a mermaid themed book - also I have a contemporary romance set in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy due out in Feb with TouchPoint Press. I'm currently starting another contemporary romance about a U.S. Marine and his fiancé - just starting that one but excited

Q. for @MyaOMalley – How do you write your books?
A. I draft the beginning of idea in my head and then start first draft developing story as I go along. I think about characters and plot as I go about my day, changing and developing as I'm writing.

Q. for @MyaOMalley – How many hours do you spend writing a day?
 A. it really depends- I work full time as a teacher so I mostly write on weekends, vacations but market and promote on cell. I market books while on line, watching TV etc you kind of get used to tweeting FB posts wherever lol

Q. for @@MyaOMalley – You’re a teacher, what class do you teach?
A.I currently teach grades 1 and 2 resource room special education. I'm certified through age 21 to teach. I've taught the elementary school level for the last 18 years

Q. for @MyaOMalley – Has any of your plots or characters been based on real life?
A. some very loosely - in my book At First Sight I exaggerated/changed up some online dating stories I had heard about

Q. for @MyaOMalley – When writing is there a food or drink you must have?
A. I would have to say coffee if I'm writing on the morning, sometimes I'll have a hot chocolate in the evening sometimes tea.

Q. for @MyaOMalley – Do you ever get writers block, if so how do you overcome it?
A. lol I had a bit of it over the holiday break, I was so busy with everything else - I just let it go and didn't force writing and then over the next day or so I was back on track.

Q. for @MyaOMalley – Out of all the books you have written, what one would you say is your favorite & why?
A. that's a really hard question they all have a special place -If You Believe was definitely the most emotional. Jack had me in tears - seriously every time I edited the book :)

Q. for @MyaOMalley – Is there a story plot you’ve been wanting to write but just haven’t been able to?
A. not at this point- I'm pretty much going with my ideas I just wish I had more time to write!
Q. for @MyaOMalley – What are you hoping for the New Year 2015?

2 comments:

Labels

Women Writers Young Adult YA Author Romance Teen Blog Tour NA Book Fantasy love story New Releases Book Tours drama Hot Coco Clean Romance blog Adult Fiction bloggers needed Book Reviews Needed Science Fiction Interviews Spotlight Cup of Coffee Excerpt BookReviewsNeeded giveaways Author of the Month Author Interview Clean Read Poetry Poem Book Reviews poetess Cover Reveal per-teen Cup of Tea poems Contemporary Romance Poet Jeniann Bowers Character Interviews Sign Up Poetry Is... Kids Book e-book Cupcakes character Dream Cast Top Ten soundtrack Free read Big Ben Tour bio Inspirational Romance Release Day children book playlist BookReviews Middle Grade mystery Book Trailer Inspirational Trailer Reveals Promotional Post UK Author Blog Spots Scones Guest Post Double Decker Book Blasts booksoundtrack News Men Writers history kid books Religious Trailer bloggers Blog Host Small Twitter Party reveal Character Bio. Donut Blog Button Large White Zombie Trailer Reveals reviews Christmas Historical authors Events chiclit dystopian Adventure Author Facts Poet of the Month Romantic Comedy Showcase Author coming soon Audio Book Biographies Book Blast Spotligt quotes DDBMagazine Medium Small Cookie Sub Sandwich Showcase Sugar Cubes cherry choco book blast Tea Sandwich Showcase travel Double it Thursday Memoirs Covers Rating Sale Social Packs Tea Pot Giveaways Large Cake Paranormal T.V. Vampires help meme Character Quiz Comedy DoubletheBooks Dpnating Novella Showcase Support blogging for books cover craft happy health review quotes