Sunday, June 14, 2015

Guest Post with Author A.L. Kessler





Guest Post
Back to My Roots: The Story Behind No More Black Magic

When I first decided I wanted to be an author, I wrote Urban Fantasy (even though that wasn’t really a genre at that point.). I was surrounded by people who read Laurell K. Hamilton and Charlene Harris and I remember thinking, gosh there’s a lot of sex in these. I was in high school and I was one of the few who had no real interest in sexual relationships. Part of it was I grew up with my extremely religious Grandmother and any talk of sex was evil. It just didn’t exist in my world and I was convinced there were people, like me, who didn’t want sex with everything they read.

I can see the confusion now, but you’re a paranormal romance author, what happened? There were two things I realized later on in life, romance, regardless of if there is sex or not, is a part of life and I needed to take opportunities as they came. I had the chance to submit for an anthology, but it required one sex scene and it had to be romance. So I bit the bullet and wrote a sex scene and submitted. I didn’t get accepted, but it made me realize that sex and real romance was what a lot of my older stories were lacking. The next time I submitted for that anthology with that in mind, I was accepted. That’s how I started writing Paranormal Romance.

So back to No More Black Magic, back to my roots of Urban Fantasy, there’s no sex in this book. There’s sexual and romantic tension, but it is not the focus. It’s there because it’s something we deal with in real life and I think the readers appreciate that. As an author, it’s nice not to have to worry about how a happily ever after is going to work out. I wrote No More Black Magic on a whim, something to get on paper, get back to what I used to write and it turned out amazing (or so my betas tell me so)

Sometimes you just have to go back to your roots and see what’s there. I hope you enjoy No More Black Magic, Here Witchy Witchy Book One.




Author Links



Buying Links
Also on iTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Women Writers Young Adult YA Author Romance Teen Blog Tour NA Book Fantasy love story New Releases Book Tours drama Hot Coco Clean Romance blog Adult Fiction bloggers needed Book Reviews Needed Science Fiction Interviews Spotlight Cup of Coffee Excerpt BookReviewsNeeded giveaways Author of the Month Author Interview Clean Read Poetry Poem Book Reviews poetess Cover Reveal per-teen Cup of Tea poems Contemporary Romance Poet Jeniann Bowers Character Interviews Sign Up Poetry Is... Kids Book e-book Cupcakes character Dream Cast Top Ten soundtrack Free read Big Ben Tour bio Inspirational Romance Release Day children book playlist BookReviews Middle Grade mystery Book Trailer Inspirational Trailer Reveals Promotional Post UK Author Blog Spots Scones Guest Post Double Decker Book Blasts booksoundtrack News Men Writers history kid books Religious Trailer bloggers Blog Host Small Twitter Party reveal Character Bio. Donut Blog Button Large White Zombie Trailer Reveals reviews Christmas Historical authors Events chiclit dystopian Adventure Author Facts Poet of the Month Romantic Comedy Showcase Author coming soon Audio Book Biographies Book Blast Spotligt quotes DDBMagazine Medium Small Cookie Sub Sandwich Showcase Sugar Cubes cherry choco book blast Tea Sandwich Showcase travel Double it Thursday Memoirs Covers Rating Sale Social Packs Tea Pot Giveaways Large Cake Paranormal T.V. Vampires help meme Character Quiz Comedy DoubletheBooks Dpnating Novella Showcase Support blogging for books cover craft happy health review quotes