Twitter Party Interview with Author Claire Amber




Q. for Author Claire Amber @Sedonna12 - Why us about your new book, Bird of Paradise, in two words only?
A. I'd say emotional and serious. Somewhat different from my last book The Boogieman, which focused more on humor and action.
@Sedonna12 follow up question - Was it hard changing from humor, serious to emotional and serious?
A. Not at all. I can write in any genre as long as I have ideas formed in my mind and know what kind of story I want to tell.

 Q. for Author Claire Amber @Sedonna12 - When did you decide to become a writer? 
A.  I wanted to be one since I was a little girl. I wrote my first novel when I was 14 and published one at the age of 17.

 Q. for Author Claire Amber @Sedonna12 - Tell us about the cover, how it came about, who designed your book cover?
 A. I'm more into illustrated covers and I wanted to show a scene from the book as well as covey the atmosphere of it.
Q. for Author Claire Amber @Sedonna12 - What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?
A. Writing the songs. I had to rewrite two of them because I didn't like the feels I got, but I'm happy with them now.
@Sedonna12 Follow up questions - How was is it different writing songs via stories, or poems?
Q. for Author Claire Amber @Sedonna12 - If you could Co-Write with any Author who would it be and why?
A. I don't like teamwork. Often times my ideas get tossed aside and end up saving the whole thing after I secretly slip them in.
Q. for Author Claire Amber @Sedonna12 - What are your current project/projects you are working on?
A. However, I'm writing it in my mother tongue and hopefully I'll translate it to English and publish it as an ebook afterward. The book would work best if it were written in French. It takes place in a town near Paris in the late 19th century.

Q. for Author Claire Amber @Sedonna12 - If you could talk to one of the character from Bird of Paradise who would it be and what would you tell them?
A. I'd like to talk to the male protagonist, Rorschet. I'd simply thank him for being so strong and patient all those years. He was most fun to write about. Especially the scenes where he had his emotional meltdowns.

 Q. for Author Claire Amber @Sedonna12 - Have you learned anything from writing, if so what? 
A. I learned a lot about myself. Writing is a good way to get inside your subconscious if you're too cheap for a psychologist.

 Q. for Author Claire Amber @Sedonna12 - Do you have any strange writing habits?
Q. for Author Claire Amber @Sedonna12 - Do you have any advice for other writers?
A. You're not a writer unless you finish at least one book. Stick with it until the very end. Don't stop halfway...It's difficult and requires patience and determination, but you just gotta keep writing it until you hit THE END.

Q. for Author Claire Amber @Sedonna12 - Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
A. Oh boy, there are A LOT of messages you can interpret from my novel. It'd be impossible to list them under 140 characters. There is a ton of symbolism crammed inside. The relationship between lower and higher social classes, new moral philosophy...

Q. for Author Claire Amber @Sedonna12 - Is there anything you would like to say to people who have or will read you books? I ask them to not focus on the physical aspects of the book, such as the appearance of the characters and so forth. Focus on their thoughts, emotions and their subconscious. Focus on the story, not the world it was set in.



 Thank you for joining in the Twitter Party!

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram