Play list for Reluctant Guardian-- Songs about loss and redemption—They inspired me while I wrote.
- Down, by Jason Walker
- Holding on and Letting go, by Ross Copperman.
- Poison and Wine, by The Civil Wars
- Farewell, by Rosie Thomas
- Your Guardian Angel, by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
- Almost Lover, by A Fine Frenzy
- Fix You, Javier Colon
- Nobody's Home, by Avril Lavigne
- Someone Like You, by Adele
- His Love, Vickey Pahnke & John Canaan
- My Own Worst Enemy, by Casting Crowns
- In My Arms, by Plumb
- Without You, byt David Guetta & Usher
- Possibility, by Lykke Li
These songs not only helped me be in the mood to write a story about suicide, death, abuse, and healing, but they helped me on my own road to healing after one of my dearest friends took her own life.