SELF AUTHOR INTERVIEW
- What is your schedule like when you’re writing? I write while my kids are at school and once in a while when they’re home, but busy. My brain turns off in the evening, so I don’t get much writing done then. Plus, I want to spend time hanging with the fam in the evening.
- What do you like to do when you’re not writing? I love La La Land whether I’m writing about it or not, so I love going to the movies—the smell of popcorn is like ambrosia—and I enjoy reading and watching TV. I live on a mini farm so I hang out with girls (my chickens) or the horses. I LOVE to organize, so I’m always cleaning something in my spare time. I do have to rest quite a bit since I’m still recovering from Lyme Disease, and other than that, I’m with my hubby and kids.
- How many books have you written and which is your favorite? I’ve written quite a few, but not all of them are published, but I really can’t pick a favorite. Okay, yes I can. I LOVE The Eye of Tanúb. That would be my fav.!
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a veterinarian! But then I found out how much math I’d have to take! That changed my mind pretty quick!
- Who are your favorite authors? I really love Stephen King. Especially his earlier books. They have less swearing and tighter editing, and are not so dang long! I also went through a stage where I read everything from Ann Rice. I love her vampire series. I love horror and suspense. I love Shannon Hale, and Dan Wells. Okay, I love a lot of authors. I’m not picky. LOL I love the dystopian novels that are out now too, like The 5th Wave, Hunger Games, Maze Runner etc…
- Were you good at English? NO! I was terrible. I couldn’t diagram a sentence if you paid me! I hated it. I just wasn’t good at all that left brain stuff. I’m still not! I love story and imagination. That is where I excel.
- What are you working on at the moment? I’m almost finished with a dystopian novel of my own called, Toy Soldiers. I’m really excited about it and can’t wait to show it to my publisher!