Excerpt #1 From next Door To A Star




“Hadley, did you see the new Celebrity Snooper blog today?” Aunt Faith asked. “Simone is in it with
Lauren Gere.”
“What? She didn’t say anything about that. Werethese super old pictures?”
“Here,” she said. “I’ll pull it up on my phone. It’s Simone and Lauren walking along the boardwalk with some blonde girl and a boy.”
“Does it say when that happened?” I asked. I couldn’t believe Simone wouldn’t have mentioned
Lauren had already been here.
Faith found the site on her phone and stared at it. “I’m not sure, but I guess it was pretty recent. Here,
look.”

Simone was on the phone in the picture and the blonde girl with them was Morgan. But what was worse  was that the boy was Nick and Lauren had her hand on his arm. Great, it was probably the same night I called Simone and she was too busy to talk. Maybe I was the one on the other end of the phone in the stupid picture. I had missed my chance to meet Lauren, and Simone never even told me when she was in town. I guess I wasn’t cool enough for her to admit she was friends with me to somebody like Lauren. Who was I kidding? A TV star wanting to hang out with me? We weren’t friends at all. I was somebody she ran to when she needed something. And Nick was probably humoring me until his new celebrity girlfriend called him back. I wanted to throw up all over the table.



Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram