Interview with Author Hargrove Perth





A. My love of reading is really what led to my love of writing. My parents were avid readers and really encouraged my brother and I to do the same. We were reading the classics by the time we were in fourth grade. I was lucky to have been in school when composition classes still existed and had several teachers who encouraged me to pursue writing. Being a writer is sort of consuming for me. There is a draw to tell a story, and while it may not be a story that will appeal to everyone, it is a story that is burning to be written as I sit down to write. I write more than one book at a time, which is a bit out of the norm from other authors I have talked to about their passion. While they might have 3 or 4 books on the back burner that they will return to at any given time, I actually write up to 5 books at the same time, writing on one on a Monday and the next on a Tuesday. Writing is such an integral part of my life, I am not sure what it would be like to not be an author. I have been writing stories since I can remember. Being an author is not a part of me...it is me.










A. This book was a stretch for me, being set in the modern day world. I really wanted the main character to be a very strong female that young women, and women in general would relate to and to create the draw needed to see Calliah conquer the 12 Affinities as she struggles with who she is. I have a love of Ancient History and was really inspired to develop a character who had to overcome a tragedy only to discover her life was not at all what she had been led to believe and was destined for far greater deeds. I tried to put myself in that position. What if my life was a lie? What if I was descended from the Gods? How would I cope? What would I do? I did a bit of research about the Greek Gods and the destruction of Atlantis and twisted it a bit, making the destruction being the result of an unrequited love possessed by Zeus instead of anger with the entire island being what led to the destruction of Atlantis. Everything just sort of fell into place once I knew what the base line of the story would be. I try to let the characters tell the story when writing.
















Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram