Interview with Catherine Bennett





Q. When did you start writing?
A. I started writing poems and short stories when I was in elementary school (I would draw the illustrations too). In High School, I fell in love with authors such as J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis and did a lot of creative writing. A few decades later, I wrote “The Trouble With Charlie” (a Romantic Suspense). My second book, “Devon’s Choice” was released in January. Both are published by Clean Reads/Astraea Press.

Q. What was the hardest part of writing 'Devon's Choice'?
A. Actually getting started is the hardest part (I’m a terrible procrastinator). Knowing the entire process (especially edits) I have to psych myself up!

Q. What was your favorite scene in 'Devon's Choice'?
A. The scene that stands out is the one that was the most emotional for me to write since it was so personal. It was also the turning point in Devon’s life when she realizes that the person she’d depended on her entire life was gone.

Q. What's your favorite quote?
I love quotes, but here are a couple of my favorites…

A. “I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.” Jeremiah 29:11

A. “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.” 
Charles Schulz

Q. Do you have a writing snack?

A.  Pizza, potato chips and Hershey Bars.




Social Media Links:

Buy Links:



Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram